left Gospel Missionary Message: About Me

Monday, December 11, 2006

About Me


Hello. My name is Shirley Gibson. This picture was taken by my dad, Bill Gibson, when I was 5 years old.

Yes, Bill and Gladis are my parents.

The original inspiration for the cards came when I was brainstorming what I could do for them for Christmas. They had no idea that I was creating cards from our treasured collection of photos. What a surprise! I think it was the best Christmas present ever.

This website was created because I wanted to share these awesome images with the world. Creating these cards and this website has had a profound effect on me. Love shines through them. Everything about these cards radiates love: My dad’s love for my mom is evident in the missionary nurse images, and her compassionate heart is clearly seen.

When I was five years old, I went away to boarding school. I would like to say that it was a warm and wonderful experience, but it was not. The making of these cards has healed old wounds, and given me a new perspective on the past.

I currently live in Missouri. This website is just one of my passions. I am also an artist. If you are interested, you can take a look at my online gallery at Green Dolphin Studio. I also publish a line of art cards using my own art work, and try to keep up with my grandchildren.

It is my wish that you enjoy this site, that you find yourself uplifted and inspired, and that God’s richest blessings enfold you and your loved ones.


Blessings, Shirley

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
The images on this website are protected by copyright. Please do not use them without permission.

Thought for Today

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls. ~Mother Teresa