left Gospel Missionary Message: Is Anybody Listening To Me?

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Is Anybody Listening To Me?


Have you ever talked to someone and all of a sudden you knew they weren't listening to what you were saying? I have.



Have you ever prayed to God and wondered if He was listening? I have.

The verse I have for us this morning is just what we need.


Psalms 40:1-3
  1. I waited patiently for the LORD;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.

  2. He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
    he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.

  3. He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
    Many will see and fear the LORD
    and put their trust in him.

Notice, "I waited patiently for the Lord." The Psalmist cried unto the Lord and then he waited for the answer. Sometimes God answers prayer right away, sometimes later. But He always hears what you have to say as long as you are not sinning, loving evil, or doing evil.

"And He... inclined his ear and heard my cry."

Beloved, God will always hear the cry of a sincere soul. Never think He won't. He not only hears but He acts... He does something about it. He doesn't ever give promises He doesn't keep.

He will lift you out of the pit. The fear, trouble, the muck and mire of sin. And then He will put your feed on the Rock so you will stand straight and safe.

And not only does He put you on the rock, secure, He gives you a song... something to sing about, a happy joyful heart filled with His praises. And you will be a blessing to others.

What more could you want?

Beloved, you are in the pit of discouragement and despair, lonely, and sad. Jesus wants to hear your cry for help. He wants to hear your voice in all sincerity and honesty.

If you are honest with God He will be true to you and you will find safety on the rock. You will have a song in your heart, and you will be a blessing to others.

He won't do anything for you if you don't want Him to. But if you cry out to Him, and just say Lord help me, save me from this pit, then He will hear and He will do something about it. More than you have ever dreamed He could...

So... Why not ask God to pick you up right now.

Message by Bill Gibson
Palisades 8/24/06

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
The images on this website are protected by copyright. Please do not use them without permission.

Thought for Today

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls. ~Mother Teresa