left Gospel Missionary Message: Waiting for the Bus

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Waiting for the Bus



Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace
at all times in all ways.
~2 Thes 3:16



Shirley Gibson waiting for the bus to arrive.
Ecuador SA, 1957
Photo by Bill Gibson


Waiting for the bus that would take me to boarding school. In retrospect, I think we all realize that 5 years old is too young to be away from home and on your own. But at the time, there was this idea that boarding school would be fun and educational, a nurturing supportive environment full of resources and friends. And I think for some of the children it may have served that purpose. My own experience there was quite different. It did, however, give me an inner resilience and strength that I may not have acquired had I not had that experience. So, now, all these years later, I am grateful for it. I still have that old teddy bear!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
The images on this website are protected by copyright. Please do not use them without permission.

Thought for Today

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls. ~Mother Teresa